If there is one place to listen and watch for fashion trends, it is the streets of Paris. Admittedly, getting street style shots of lingerie has been a reasonable challenge pour moi but what I lack in my own images, I make up for in observation. Some of the best ‘fashion people watching’ done was outside the Chanel Haute Couture 2012 show at the Grand Palais last week. (And after seeing the Chanel collection, it could be argued that the impromptu fashion show going on outside the Palais far surpassed the real one going on inside. Sorry, Karl.)
Lingerie was on display in a flirtatious and somehow classy way. Well thought-out bras peeked out from sheer and semi-sheer dresses and tops balancing sexiness and still leaving something to the imagination. From basic neutrals to more unusual colors in pinks, peaches and greens, this intentional display of undergarments proves that lingerie is strong in its own right as a garment and no longer something for support, protection and shape.
May I also add that this ‘peekaboo’ method is not just being used with sheer tops…lingerie is also making an appearance by peeking out of the sides of tank tops and being featured by low-cut tops. It’s ever so cool, probably because it comes across as ever so confident.
(All images copyright of Pinterest)
- thelifeofasurvivor reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- thelifeofasurvivor likes this
- 6o022x10p23 reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- dwani-pooh reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- dealwithlarry likes this
- turah-91 reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- itskarabiitch reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- ellehsormi reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- cabinology likes this
- shellomac reblogged this from itzpookztho
- itzpookztho reblogged this from thecoquettecostume
- thecoquettecostume posted this